Senior Sessions

I flew to California Friday, October 14 to do my nephew, Jesse, and his best friend, Travis' senior portraits. Not only did we have many, many places to choose from, we had a blast! They picked out a total of 5 different places to shoot over 2 days.

We started Friday night at a farm of Travis' parents' friend. Funny thing was, their friend couldn't understand what on earth I could find interesting to take senior pictures on a farm! I told him I was in a photographer's playground.

Here's a few examples of that 'playground'.

This is my nephew, Jesse:




This is Travis:




We were at that farm for almost 3 hours. And I loved every single second!

Saturday morning we got up early, went straight to Starbucks, 'cuz we knew it was going to be a long day. Grabbed our coffees and hit the road around 9:00am. Our first stop was Sonoma State University. Grabbed a few there before driving up to the wine country.

Jesse:



And Travis:


Next stop, Martinelli Winery.




Then Korbel Winery near the Russian River:


Finally, we ended at the beach in Bodega Bay. Waiting, and hoping for, the same sunset as the previous night. But it never happened. We got several great shots though, and warm weather to boot. Even though the fog hung around.


Many, many more pictures to get through. I'll have more on my website next month.

Sunday I was lucky enough to get back on that "playground" and grabbed a few shots of my nieces. Then Monday and Tuesday, up at Hidden Valley Lake, took a family portrait of my youngest brother and his family, and a fantastic 'country girl' shot of my niece in a pasture! Exactly what I was hoping to grab while in California. I'll post those sometime next month after I finish the seniors.

In the meantime, I'm taking off for another mini vacation to Washington, DC in the morning. I'll try to squeeze in a post about that trip as quickly as I possibly can.

Enjoy your week!

No comments: