Walkin in the Swamps of Louisiana

Wednesday, the day after Mardi Gras, Ray and I stopped by the swamp in Jean Lafitte on our way home. It had rained the night before and various parts of the area flooded. We wanted to check out the swamp after the storm.

It was interesting and scary at the same time. Scary, because the water was right up to the boardwalk, on both sides, and alligators lurk around there.

Here are some pictures of the area we walked:







There were several small alligators suning along the boardwalk. We didn't see any of the large ones, but at the end of the trail, you could hear the large ones barking in the distant. And they sounded BIG! Here's one I took with my cell phone so I could post it on Facebook. DUH - forgot to take one with my camera!

They also have fantastic airboat tours. We've taken a few of our family members when they come to visit. We still have a few who need to make that trip out, and when they do, we'll be heading out there for one of those airboat tours!

I'll do another post sometime in the future of one of our airboat tours. It's pretty exhilarating!

No comments: