Wha?

A few days ago, as I was bundled up on my cozy chair, with my cozy robe, my fuzzy socks, cozy blanket (yes, it was 29 outside IN TEXAS, believe it or not) and my hot cup of coffee between my freezing hands, I tune into HLN as I do each morning at 7:30 am. The first thing I’m hit with is news about a new Zodiac sign. Interesting, I thought. According to the astronomers, there was a wobble in the earth’s axes some 2,000 years ago that caused the astrological position to shift and the current astrological positions no longer apply. What? So, they’ve added a 13th sign they call “Orphichus”, known as the Serpent Holder, for people born between November 29 and December 17, which, in turn, is shaking everyone else’s’ sign as well.

I rewind the DVR, and listen to it again. Ah, that's what I THOUGHT they said.

I was born a Pisces. This particular day, I learned I’m now, according to the astronomers, an Aquarius! In reality, I can deal with that. I like Aquarius. It’s water, it’s still a water sign and I get along with Aquarius’ – being a Pisces. So, I jumped online and searched the NEW, 2011, Zodiac signs.

In case you’d like to know, they are as follows:


Capricorn – Jan 20 – Feb 16
Aquarius – Feb 16 – March 11
Pisces – March 11 – April 18
Aries – April 18 – May 13
Taurus – May 13 – June 21
Gemini – June 21 – July 20
Cancer – July 20 – August 10
Leo – August 10 – Sep 16
Virgo – Sep 16 – Oct 30
Libra – Oct 30 – Nov 23
Scorpio – Nov 23 - Nov 29
OPHIUCHUS – Nov 29 – Dec 17
Sagittarius – Dec 17 – Jan 20.

Now, looking over this “NEW” list for 2011, I can see some changes in ‘friends & acquaintances” who completely FIT their current sign and now do not, in any shape, form or fashion, fit their current sign!

Come on, you can’t take a current Scorpio sign and now place them between a Virgo and a Libra, depending on their birthday. It just doesn’t mix! My kids are all Scorpio. November 1, 11 and 17. Naw, it just doesn’t mix.

So, for those new little babies born in 2011 – welcome the new Ophiuchus sign. What will be interesting to see, is how they rewrite all the pre-2011 horoscope data.



As for me, I was born a Pisces. I will always be a Pisces!

No comments: