Jayden’s Trip to the Dentist

It’s that time of the year for Jayden. He’s on his way to get his teeth cleaned. The past couple of months Ray, Kylene and I have been to the dentist. And each time, Jayden has wanted to go.

“I need to go to the teeth Dr. too”

So, today, it’s his turn.
He runs to the truck and hops into his seat. He’s pretty excited to go . . .

When we arrived, I couldn’t get him out of his seat fast enough. As soon as his feet hit the pavement, he was off.



As I check him in he takes a seat. Then pretends he’s asleep.

“Jayden, you better wake up or we will have to leave the teeth Dr.’s office” He quickly jumps to his feet and finds something to read.

Of course, he settles for a car magazine and begins to describe the truck on the page.

“Jayden?”

The look on his face was priceless “Is it my turn, Nana?” “Yes, let’s go” and off he went, leaving me behind.


He was so excited to get in that chair.

And promptly tells the assistant what she needed to do. “You need to put that blue bib on me”

"You’re so right, Jayden.” And she was right on it.


She even jumped the gun and brought him his new toothbrush, toothpaste, and floss. He inspected each and every item to it’s fullest!

The teeth Dr. showed up and had a cute conversation with Jayden. Telling him she was going to look for ‘sugar bugs’ on his teeth and clean them off so he won’t get cavities. He was all ears!

“Hi Jayden”

“Hi Mr. Teeth Dr.”

“How are you doing today”

“I’m fine, my teeth hurt, can you fix dem?”

“Sure, I’ll see what I can do.”

“And can you put my chair back so you can see in my mouth?”

“I sure will”

And he was as happy as can be. Those big eyes of his never left the Dentist. He was making sure she was doing her job!





And when it was all over, as “Mr. Teeth Dr.” promised, he was on his way to the treasure box to pick out a toy.



And decided on not one, but two, flying dragons.

“I got 2 dragonflies’, Nana”
And off we went back home.
All he talked about for the remainder of the day with me, which was 7 ½ hours, was about his trip to the teeth Dr.

No comments: