Toby Keith

March 14!

Is it really March 14?

Where did the time go? The last time I posted was February 11. That’s way too long! I guess life gets in the way sometimes . . .

I have been busy. I’ll try not to wait so long between posts.

The latest I’d like to share with you is Toby Keith.

Toby was playing at the Houston Rodeo Friday. Ray loves Toby Keith and when I found some tickets, center stage, row 2 for $25.00, I jumped on it! The stage is situated in the center of the field at Reliant Stadium.

The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo is the world's largest livestock exhibition. We went last year, enjoyed everything about the Rodeo: bull riding, livestock judging, concerts, a carnival, pig racing, barbecue, international Wine Competition, shopping, livestock auctions. Just about everything you can imagine.

This year, we just popped in for Rodeo and concert. They had some pretty BIG bulls out there!

<">

The Rodeo runs for about 2 to 3 hours, then they set up the stage for the concert. Toby showed up in a Ford truck. Cute. Since he’s their spokesperson, it’s obvious a Ford truck would be the only way to make his entrance to the concert. He put on a great show, sang all his hits. I was able to get some good shots being as far away as we were.

<">

In reality, this is how far away we were:

<">

And, with my handy dandy zoom lens, that everyone around me was amazed that I "was able to sneak that in”, I was able to get shots like this:

Honestly, I did not ‘sneak’ my lens in. They opened my bag, they saw my lens and my camera hanging off my shoulder, and they let me in. I explained that to those people around me who were amazed that I “was able to sneak that in”. And all were a bit upset they didn’t bring their camera “because we thought they wouldn’t let us in.”

See what ya'll missed! If you read up on the rules and call before you go, you would have had your camera!

Just like the time I got Tim McGraw with his cute little self:

No comments: